All 48 art Reviews

The God in the Mountain The God in the Mountain

Looks a bit like the concept art for the shrine of Mehrunes Dagon. I remember I drew something similar to this once, but never finished it.
Lighting and overall aesthetic is pretty nice, but the perspective looks weird and it's hard to tell what and where everything is in relation to the rest. The knight characters anatomy and overall appearance could use some work.
That being said, the Souls series (Demons Souls, Dark Souls, etc.) is pretty obsess-able, and imo offers a way better game-play experience, take it from a guy who's put way more than 200 hours into both games.

MacOFlannigan responds:

Yeah, perspective and depth of field is something that I've always struggled with and is one of the things that I'm trying to improve on, but I can't afford to take classes so trial and error are my only teachers right now. As for the knight, I attribute overwhelming laziness to their funky design. In hindsight, if I had done better with subject focus it would have turned out easier on the eyes. And as for games, the Dark Souls series is one of my favorites. Miyazakis writing style is so detailed and surreal that his games remind me H.P. Lovecraft. However, I prefer a more organic approach to RPGs, something that Bethesda has down to a science. Either way, thank you for your honest critique and gamer insight!

Mad Max Mad Max

Pretty damn fantastic. It's got a nice texture to it, well placed highlights and whatnot. It does however have a certain flatness to it. I see this with a lot of acrylic pieces. Not quite sure what it is, if it's the low contrast, or maybe something inherent in the medium or the colors used or what, but I do feel like it lacks a certain 'pop' so to speak. Maybe it's just the scan or photo and it looks better in real life. Had that problem myself, scans and photos don't transfer subtle variations in color and shade very well.

JeffLafferty responds:

Thanks, I appreciate the comments!

principal lee principal lee

This cracked me up good. His wailing face at the end is like that cherry you notice you have left on your plate when you're done eating the cake and about to rinse your plate.

Reborn Reborn

Wowzers. Pretty gnarly man. I like this whole "drawn on paper, colored digitally" thing you've got going on. Gives it a distinct look. I also like that it doesn't have a background, and puts a focal point on the scene, like we're looking at it from the perspective of the one being raised, and in his mind, nothing exists except what is happening right now.
Pretty juicy stuff man.

Tits Tits

I guess it's what's in the pants that matters.

Well, well Well, well

Sir Edgar Wellington?

bad beginnings bad beginnings

What a fucking show right? It's good to live in an age of high-quality television.
It's really cool to look at your newer stuff and see how you've improved, especially in the backgrounds, the depth and vividness, and the way it sort of sucks you in is amazing. Job well done mate.
Also, what sort of paper do you use? I want to do more backgrounds but doing them with markers is insanity and all my paper is the thin office type which does that "I don't feel so good" thing when you even breathe too moistly on it.

dommi-fresh responds:

I use sketch paper it's slightly thicker. Good for water colours

skullskullskull skullskullskull

Nei marr, hauskúpur eru kúl.

Chanpuru Chanpuru

That's so weird, I just started watching the series and then this pops up. It's pretty good too.

Ellie - The Lust of Us Ellie - The Lust of Us

I am impressed, this is really good, even compared to your other work, this kicks ass. Two things though, her head is kind of big even if it's at an angle, especially compared to her shoulders, and put some monkey poop on her feet and you've got Tarzan (although that one's probably just me). Anyways, really nice work, I want to see more of this sort of detailed, carefully made work from you, you're good at it and you shouldn't limit your talent (although, your other work is also really good too).
Sorry for the bad joke, keep doing what you're doing, it's working.